We’ve listed out some interesting Security and Privacy events from 2015’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. This year sees a general shift in topic focus to Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) and Internet of Things (IoT). Security still isn’t a ‘core’ part of MWC – it doesn’t have a dedicated zone for example on-site, but as it pervades most topics, it gets mentioned at least once in every session!
Sunday 1st March
1) Copper Horse Mobile Security Dinner
21:00 - Secret Location in Barcelona
Monday 2nd March
1) UKTI Cyber Security in the Mobile World lunchtime series: Securing the Internet of Things
12:00 - 12:40, Hall 7, Stand 7C40
3) Security and IdM on WebRTC
15:00 - 14:00 Spanish Pavilion (Congress Square)
16:00 - 17:30 Hall 4, Auditorium 3
Tuesday 3rd March
1) GSMA Seminar Series at Mobile World Congress: Mobile Connect – Restoring trust in online services by implementing identity solutions that offer convenience and privacy for consumers and enterprises
09:00 – 12:00 Theatre 1 CC1.1
2) Mobile Security Forum presented by AVG
11:45 - 14:00 - Hall 8.0 - Theatre District -Theatre D
3) UKTI Cyber Security in the Mobile World lunchtime series: Mobile Cyber Security for Businesses 12:45 - 13:25 Hall 7, Stand 7C40
4) Mobile, Mobility and Cyber Security
17:00 – 21:00 Happy Rock Bar and Grill, 373-385 Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 08015
5) Wireless and Internet Security B2B Matchmaking Event
18:30 – 22:00 CTTI Carrer Salvador Espriu, 45-51 08908 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Wednesday 4th March
1) UKTI Cyber Security in the Mobile World lunchtime series: Innovation in Cyber Security: Secure by Default
11:40 to 12:20 Hall 7, Stand 7C40
2) The Explosion of Imaging
14:00 – 15:00 Hall 4, Auditorium 5
3) The New Security Challenges: Perspectives from Service Providers
16:30 – 17:30 Hall 4, Auditorium 4
Thursday 5th March
1) Everything is Connected: Enabling IoT
11:30 – 13:00 Hall 4, Auditorium 2
If you’d like a meet up with the Copper Horse team to talk mobile security, IoT or drones, please drop us an email or tweet us @copperhorseuk. We’ll also be demonstrating our progress on securing IoT in the Picosec project on the NQuiringMinds stand in Hall 7: 7C70.
Feel free to leave a comment with information on any presentations or events we may have missed and we’ll look to add them.
Note: update 13/02/15 to correct Monday time order and add Quobis event.